Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:42:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        <cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/sio sio.c

:
:This setting is intentional.  The default setting provides twice as much
:slop as the 8250 UARTs which the driver was designed to support on systems
:hundreds of times slower than current ones.  Making it twice as large
:again doesn't help much.
:
:This commit will was not approved or even sent for review to the maintainer
:and will be backed out in a minute.
:
:Bruce

    If you back it out I will put it right back in.  You will need a core
    action to take it out.  Three people (inclusive of me) have had this
    problem.  People have had this problem before.  People have had this
    problem for YEARS.  This fixed it for one, a second just emailed me
    and said he had to do exactly the same thing, and I've had this problem
    before to and this fixed it for me.

    If you want to go back to HI, you can damn well FIX all the problems
    people are having with it in the first place.  Otherwise it stays
    at MEDHI.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>