Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:49:33 +0100
From:      Bjoern Fischer <bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Bjoern Fischer <bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bridged interfaces don't see broadcasts

Hello Julian,

> What happens if you use netgraph bridging?
> (/usr/share/examples/netgraph)

I knew that you would advertise this ;-)

Ok, since I'm already using netgraph for pppoe on the same machine,
I tried netgraph bridging at first. But with netgraph bridging it
was even worse: Not even the clients on the vr0 segment could reach
the server via broadcast (192.168.43.255). All our production
workstations are on this segment. All of them are diskless clients
using DHCP, amd with NIS maps, NIS for user DBs; so that broadcast
feature was heavily needed.

With Luigi's bridging code at least the vr0 segment was working
normally. Only the broadcast problem on the ed1 segment. I could
live with that up till now.

-Bj=F6rn