Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:08:00 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Practicalities of FAQ->Handbook migrations

So, I have some extra time today and decided to pull some bits from
the FAQ into the Handbook in preparation for our gradual migration
towards a smaller FAQ.

The first thing I come across is a bunch of stuff on using the mouse
in console mode.  This is asked frequently enough that we should have
keep this information somewhere in addition to the man pages.

There's no obvious place in the Handbook for it, though.

Skimming through the FAQ, I think we're going to wind up with more
material like this: general answers that are just too short to be an
article, but don't quite fit in an existing portion of the Handbook.

I suggest that we create a Handbook section called something like
"Living with FreeBSD" that contains small, catch-all tutorials.
Thoughts?

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org