Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:01:04 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick port: source file not available

> Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:05:10 -0800
> From: Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> Kent Stewart wrote:
>

> > Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> the ImageMagick port requires
> >> ImageMagick-5.4.3-6.tar.gz
> >> but there are only ...5.4.2-3...  and ...5.4.3-6... available on
> >> ImageMagick's ftp site.
> >

> > Re-cvsup your ports-all, the port now requires 5.4.3-9 and will build.
> >

> I take it all back, imagemagick.sourceforge is already up to 5.4.3-10.
>   The last time I tried that I upped the PORTVERSION to 5.4.3.10 and
> added an MD5 for the tarball to distinfo.
>
> I have begun to think they are churning their source. You can't turn
> out that many tested sources as they have in the last week or so.

Cristy used to just roll new tarballs with minor fixes all the
time. Now, at least they do update the patch-level in the tarball
name. The problem is that they patch rather frequently and that they
tend to pull old tarballs off of the server as soon as a new one is
ready.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)