Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:48:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Edmond Nolan <edmond_nolan@yahoo.com>
To:        Scott Corey <scott@bsdprophet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't mount CDROM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that - yes I am truly guilty of not ReadingTFM!

Didn't help me much though, it said:

"This usually means that the CDROM drive thinks that there is no disk in the tray, or that the
drive is not visible on the bus. It can take a couple of seconds for a CDROM drive to realize that
it has been fed, so be patient"

Hmmm, what now? Anyway, it's a bit strange - I just mounted the same CD in question under Linux
(same machine - just different hard disk) no problem, what gives?

As frustrating as it is I WILL NOT GIVE UP! ; ) Maybe use a later version, FreeBSD 4.4 instead of
4.2.

Thanks again,

Eddie

=====