Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 11:53:17 -0700
From:      Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   G400 DH or other TV-capable cards question

Hello, all.

Recently, I saw a conversation about graphics cards which can output to TV
under FreeBSD.  I have some questions about the various supported methods.

I noticed that Andre Albsmeier was able to get the G400 working, but what
configuration does that reflect?  Are we talking about two independent
displays with different resolutions and refresh rates?  How is the
performance?  Can you use 3D on either head with the TV head enabled?

I'm trying to decide between the G400 DH and a G550.  I'd like good 3D *and*
TV-out, and I'm hoping both are possible at once.  I'd like the TV head to
be fast enough for flawless MPEG playback, and if 3D worked on it, that would
be a plus.

Thanks for your insight.

-nick

--