Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:55:43 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using vid/OV511 webcams?

Hi.

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 06:56:46PM -0700, Carlos A. Ugarte wrote:
> Is anyone using vid (/usr/ports/graphics/vid), the userland
> program that allows access to OV511 based USB webcams?  If you
> are, I'd like to hear from you - whether vid works or not.
> Specifically, I'd like to know which version of FreeBSD you are
> using and whether your host controller is UHCI or OHCI.  Even
> knowing that it worked in the past but not currently would be
> very useful.

I have an FreeBSD 4.6-RC and the vid which is in the ports (current
version). Works fine for me with an Creative WebCam II (tested with both
models, the oe with OV511 and the one with OV511+). It's slow, so it
only gives still pictures, could take maybe 1 or 2 pictures per second I
guess, I've never tried, because I use it as webcam with 10 or 20 second
updates. The controller is an UHCI.

I don't have the notebook here at the moment, so I can't give you more
precise values, if you need, just tell me and I'll have a look at it.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |