Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:57:47 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make release' tries to build a port?

I'm mucking with 'make release' under 4.5-RELEASE, and keep running
into a stumbling block:

When the documentation toolset is being built in the chrooted
environment, at one point docbook-dsssl-doc is built, among other
things, via ports.

Regrettably, this is hosted on Sourceforge, who've interposed a
'pick-a-mirror' webpage when you attempt to do a regular http
download.

So, the port build fails, and 'make release' fails, and rerunning
'make release' scrubs all of your work.

I seem to have two options:

- convince Sourceforge to unbreak themselves, or
- install these documentation tools on my system, and make them
  somehow available in the chrooted environment.

I'm trying the latter: I was able to circumvent Sourceforge enough
to get the port installed.

I _think_ I need to affect src/etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist to reflect
the /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook tree, but I may be wrong.  My
only effort to edit this file resulted in an even worse 'make
release' effort; I must be misunderstanding the syntax of that file.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the 'make release' chroot
environment to take advantage of the ports I've already got installed?

Or have I missed the point entirely?

Thanks for your time...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842