Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 10:19:40 +0200
From:      Marcus Larsson <kore@mindwipe.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   DiskOnKey (mini keyring USB HDD)

  Hi there!  Has anyone gotten a diskonkey (www.diskonkey.com) to work
  in FreeBSD? DiskOnKey claim it's detected as an USB hard disk by the
  operating system, so it seems the umass(4) driver would work, but
  they claim only Linux support, which probably only means they live
  in a small world of Windows, Mac and Linux. :)

  dmesg output:

umass0: M-Systems DiskOnKey, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 3
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (SHORT_XFER)
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <M-Sys DiskOnKey 1.08> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 7MB (15600 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 7C)

  So when i try for example: mount_msdos -o rdonly /dev/da0

  mount: /dev/da0a: Input/output error

  dmesg output again:

da0: reading primary partition table: error reading fsbn 0
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x4, scsi status == 0x0

I read in the DOK-Linux-HOWTO that you should mount "the whole disk" that's why I wrote da0.

Kind regards

--

Marcus Larsson, Stockholm, Sweden
Email: kore@mindwipe.org