Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:30:06 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kde@FreeBSD.org, kan@FreeBSD.org, obrien@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   troubles with the new GCC -- anyone else?

Is it just me, or do others have troubles too? I upgraded yesterday:

	mi@celsius:~ (101) cc -v
	Using built-in specs.
	Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
	Thread model: posix
	gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20020901 (prerelease)

With ``-march=pentium2 -mmmx''

	. there is a file or two in XFree86-4-Server, that cause an Internal Compiler
	Error -- fixed with ``-march=pentium2 -mno-mmx'' (same trouble existed with
	the previous version, AFAIR)

	. one file in libiconv causes ICE -- the workaround above does not work. But
	``-march=pentium -mmmx'' works.

	. in the kdelibs3, the kdecore/kkeyserver_x11.cpp will not compile regardless
	of the architecture or optimization flags -- the ICE is in GCC's
	cp/cp-lang.c:130, due, it seems, to the initialization complexity. Can't
	think of a workaround :-\

Yours,

	-mi