Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:09:32 -0700
From:      Tom Jansen <tom@unhooked.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipv6 breakage or me?

After upgrading to 4.7-RC I am having problems with "6" commands and with anything that uses
the -4 and -6 contect switches.
Examples are
<its DING!> ping6 irc6.qeast.net
ping6: Non-recoverable failure in name resolution
<its 5:00pm> ssh -6 unhooked.net
ssh: unhooked.net: Non-recoverable failure in name resolution
<its 5:01pm> ssh -4 unhooked.net
ssh: unhooked.net: Non-recoverable failure in name resolution

This all worked before:
<its 5:01pm> uname -a
FreeBSD its.unhooked.net 4.7-RC FreeBSD 4.7-RC #7: Thu Sep 19 23:48:05 PDT 2002     tom@its.unhooked.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/TOM  i386

Which is ths same config file I've been using since 4.6-STABLE, adding ipv6 entries to
/etc/hosts as a workaround.

I thought I saw some changes to libc when the 4.7-RC make update/world happened.

Known bug or did I break something?