Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:03:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nate@root.org
Cc:        des@ofug.org, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "MB" instead of "K bytes" in memory probe?

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0210292331030.89254-100000@root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> writes:
: Considering FreeBSD has never run on a machine with less than 1 MB (I
: think 4 MB was the lowest) and that the values are only for the benefit of
: the user, sounds great.

Actually, ultra-stripped 1.0 kernels were being booted on 2MB and 3MB
386SX systems.  It was possible to build 1.0 kernels that were 500k or
so if you restricted devices and features severely.

But you are right.  We should use MB for anything under about 2G or so
(but even 4G vs 4096M isn't that bad).

Warner