Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:07:06 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pdftex problems?

--MT9SxUWSsctiw0kG

Hi Adam,

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:59:57AM -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
> If you're trying to build a PDF version of the Handbook, or other
> document using the DocProj tool chain, you're using jadetex.  To get
> the proper pool sizes to produce PDF with pdftex/jadetex, refer to
> the suggested values found in /usr/ports/print/jadetex/files/texmf.cnf
> and update your local configuration accordingly.

I've tried that.  The problem I ran into was that no matter how high I
pushed the numbers, pdftex always bombed out in the same place.  This
was explained by someone else, on another mailing list (I think, this
was a year or so ago, IIRC) that I was running in to other, hard coded
limits in TeX.  So we switched to using ps2pdf for the Handbook.

I would love to be proved wrong about this.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--MT9SxUWSsctiw0kG

--MT9SxUWSsctiw0kG--