Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:45:46 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Repeatable crash from nautilus2

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

(was on -current)

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:02:23PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Could be a threading issue.  I found a poor assumption in Nautilus 2's
> thumbnailing code with regard to default thread stack sizes.  If you're
> running Nautilus 2.0.8 built from ports, you should be okay.  If not,
> Nautilus 2 will freeze when it tries to thumbnail any non-JPEG images.

I am using nautilus2 from ports, built yesterday.

> The only other Nautilus/thumbnail crash I've seen was with corrupt PNG
> images.

This is a JPEG. It came from my digital camera (Canon PowerShot S110).
Whenever Nautilus2 attempts to thumbnail it (i.e. if it is in a directory
and I open that directory), nautilus crashes. No other picture from my
camera is doing it.

EOG and other image viewers view it fine, but nautilus hurls on it. It also
crashes nautilus if I open the image directly with nautilus:
     $ nautilus img_0349.jpg

If anybody is interested in trying to repeat it, the image is here:
http://www.zombie.org/img_0349.jpg

(520) smkelly@edgemaster:~/nimg$ jhead img_0349.jpg
File name    : img_0349.jpg
File size    : 608818 bytes
File date    : 2002:10:29 21:43:48
Camera make  : Canon
Camera model : Canon PowerShot S110
Date/Time    : 2002:10:29 22:38:59
Resolution   : 1600 x 1200
Flash used   : Yes
Focal length : 10.8mm  (35mm equivalent: 74mm)
CCD width    : 5.23mm
Exposure time: 0.017 s  (1/60)
Aperture     : f/10.0
Focus dist.  : 0.56m
Metering Mode: matrix
Jpeg process : Baseline

(537) smkelly@edgemaster:~/nimg$ identify -verbose img_0349.jpg
Image: img_0349.jpg
  Format: JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format)
  Geometry: 1600x1200
  Class: DirectClass
  Type: true color
  Depth: 8 bits-per-pixel component
  Colors: 48061
  Profile-APP1: 4604 bytes
  Filesize: 594.5k
  Interlace: None
  Background Color: grey100
  Border Color: #DFDFDF
  Matte Color: grey74
  Dispose: Undefined
  Iterations: 0
  Compression: JPEG
  signature: ee6cc83916e3f003fff6f0accf6df1170f7a269bfe8aa7b6bb8c582cfbf8bf=
50
  Tainted: False
  User Time: 0.4u
  Elapsed Time: 0:01

--=20
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly@zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--