Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:42:59 +0100
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To:        Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What are are you devel on?

In arved.freebsd.libh, you wrote:
> Right now I am on the follownig:
>         OS                      FreeBSD4.7
>         compiler                gcc2.95.4
>         libs:
>                 qt2-static (gcc2.95.4)
>                 qt23 (gcc2.95.4)
>                 tvision-0.8 (gcc2.95.4)
>=20
>         alt setup on same machine (build in subdir of my libh directory)
>                 qt2-static (gcc32)
>                 qt23 (gcc32)
>                 tvision-0.8 (gcc32)
>=20
> I have compiled gcc32 and have built the other libraries, but
> have run into problems with conflicts
>=20
>         qt30 can not build with qt23 installed
>         (Note: qt30 in ports only builds a share library)

Because of this incompatibility, the kde-freebsd people would like to push =
people to
port their apps to qt3, so that qt2* can be removed, as soon no major app d=
epends on it.=20

>=20
>         tvision-0.8 does not compile with gcc32.
>         (Note; I have a patch for this... but I have not done
>          extensive tests with it yet.)

If you have patches, please submit them, since the port is currently marked=
 broken on 5.0=20

> Are we planning on going to qt30 and how are we going to handle the
> share vs static linking issue?
>=20
> Do we want our own copy of tvision until I can find who maintains the
> ports version.  Or are we planing on moving to rhtvision?  Do we
> want to GPL libh?

The tvision port is currently unmaintained, perhaps maintainer should be pa=
ssed to=20
libh@freebsd.org?

Last, although I have no clue about this project and am only lurking on the=
 Mailinglist,
why do you want to GPL? We are BSD!

regards
arved

with "unsubscribe freebsd-libh" in the body of the message