Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:48:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@FernUni-Hagen.de>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eclipse under FreeBSD

Hi,

I did some Java development with Eclipse under Windows.
It is really a cool, producive IDE.

However I am not able to spot a FreeBSD port of Eclipse.

Has it not been ported yet?

If I am mad enough to port it, what would be the best approach?
It needs an 1.3.x JRE, and in the past my experience with the
FreeBSD native JRE port was not the best.
What would you recommend?
- Trying a native port from Eclipse source and the FreeBSD 1.3
native Java port?
- Porting the linux + motif binaries to FreeBSD?
- Porting the linux + gtk2 binaries to FreeBSD?

Regards,
Marc

P.S. Please send mail directly to me, I'm presently not subscribed
     to the mailing list