Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:16:51 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.25" Floppy

I thought that was the newer ones.  Weren't the old style 5.25s 640K?
It's been so long . . .

Where the heck did you even find a working one?  Even the 3.5s are
pretty much beyond usefulness for me now that the net is everywhere
and the CDRWs are so easy and cheap, but those 5.25s would be pretty
interesting for nostalgia.

Either way, I'll bet Daxbert's advice will at least set you in the
right direction.

Good luck.
Lou

On 02/07/03 12:41 AM, Daxbert sat at the `puter and typed:
> have you tried using:
>
> /dev/fd0.1200
>
> I think 1.2MB is the normal size for a 5.25 dual sided floppy.
>
> --daxbert

Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Kramer's Law:
  You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.