Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:24:02 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        bod@FreeBSDFoundation.org, java@FreeBSD.ORG, java-port@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resignation from the FreeBSD/Java project

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 12:14:33AM -0700, Nate Williams wrote:
> I haven't been active technically in a while, and the recent blowup has
> only served to solidify my decision.  Certain people make working on a
> volunteer project difficult.  However, for the most part the JDK team
> throughout the years have been people of intergrity, technical prowess,
> and folks who let their code speak for itself.  Thanks for all your hard
> work over the years!
>
> Also, between Greg and the Foundation all the bases are covered with
> regard to licensing and contacts at Sun, so my need to stay on the team
> is no longer critical.
>
> Finally, now that things appear to be completely moved over from my box
> to the new FreeBSD Foundation machine, and Greg has shown that he's more
> than capable of doing the (very little) I have been doing lately, it's
> time to move onto something new.
>
> Thanks for the ride everyone, it was fun!

I'd like to personally offer my public thanks to Nate for his contributions
to the team.  Nate has not only made significant technical contributions
over the years, he also personally donated his time and equipment to house
and administer the project's CVS repository until very recently.  In
addition to this Nate played a pivotal role in negotiating the license
with Sun (you could say it was due in large part to his tireless effort).

Thanks Nate for your help and dedication to the project and for the
guidance and assistance you've provided me personally.  We are poorer
without you.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org