Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:00:12 -0300
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM drive not found

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

Hello,

  I've just noticed that recent -CURRENT kernels (from at least 2 days
  to now, but I suspect it might be a little longer) do not find my
  ATAPI CDROM drive. The kernel config file is the same as before,
  kernel CFLAGS are also the same (and I've even tried building the
  kernel without any non-default CFLAGS, same result), so I doubt it
  could be that. Perhaps it's something ata(4)-related that's not been
  sync'ed with /src/UPDATING?

  Just for the record, the drive appears at the BIOS check on boot, and
  Win2k on the very same box recognizes it perfectly.

  Thanks,
  Fred

--=20
"We are simple killers of people and destroyers of property."

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--