Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 07:42:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      RexFelis <catlord17@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!!!

> Glad to hear about your success!!

This is really a self-esteem building operating
system.  I think it should be in all schools.
lol

 Here's a few
> tips to speed you along:
>
> Try out burncd for your CD burner (man burncd).

Check.  Will do.  :)

> As for CUPS, which is pretty darn slick, once
> you have it installed, and turn your browser to
> localhost:631 for configuration, try using
> ports/print/xpp.  It is a gui pop-up interface
> for print-time printer selection.  Whereever a
> program is configged to use lpr, simply replace
> it with xpp.
>
> Congrats, and good luck!
> -Matt

That info is sure to be invaluable.  Thanks for
the tips.  :)

I have now to deal with a curious little
showstopper I have encountered dealing with my
ppp connection... so I'll be posting that on
-questions, since I cannot find any other
information pertaining to it.

Shannon

http://search.yahoo.com