Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:56:07 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        threads@FreeBSD.org, ru@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Obsoleting libc_r: How to create compat links

[Ruslan added for his insights]

Ok,

I decided to obsolete libc_r on ia64 so that I can de-pessimize the
setjmp/longjmp code some time before 5.2 and have sufficient time to
deal with problems due to not having libc_r.

One thing we probably want to do is create compatibility links from
libc_r* to libthr* or libkse*. At this time I libthr is tested on
ia64, so I opt to have libc_r linked to libthr. What's the best way
to do that, so that it can be used for other platforms in due time?