Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:49:17 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpc.ypxfrd(8)

In the last episode (Sep 05), Ruslan Ermilov said:
> Is there anybody out there who successfully uses the rpc.ypxfrd(8)
> server to speed up distribution of NIS maps, either on 4.x or 5.x?
> I have trouble getting it to work.

Seems to work for me, although it might be failing and falling back to
a regular ypxfr for all I know.  If I run rpc.ypxfrd on the server,
then run chfn and change my name, lastcomm shows that rpc.ypxfrd forks
a couple times, and the client's map is updated.  -current server, 4.1
client.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com