Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 2003 10:14:55 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@bsdclub.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request for removal of mailto:

Hi,

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org> wrote:
> As far as I know there is no simple way to do this at the moment.  That
> said, I also think in general that "the damage is done" since the email
> address is out there in many email achieves on the web.
>
> I don't think it makes much difference for the spammer harverster
> programs, if there is a mailto: or not when the email address is there
> (of coure I don't know for sure, but I doubt it).
>
> In the long run I think you would be much better of installing a spam
> filter (like SpamAssasin).  I catches more than 99% of the spam I get.
>
> Sorry that I can't give you a better answer.

There are many people who can not endure receiving many spams
(ex. dialup ppp, slow connection, ...).  If we do nothing on
this problem,  some people may think that "If I submit PR,
I will receive many many spam.  So I will not submit PR."
It's not good.

I propose to do followings:

    o  delete "mailto:" tag
    o  use "username at foo.org" instead of "username@foo.org"