Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:11:06 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Stephane Raimbault <segr@hotmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-R and 5.1-C floppies will not boot on SuperMicro 6023P-8R

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:07:27PM -0700, Stephane Raimbault wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm trying to install 5.1-R or 5.1-C from floppies redirected output to s=
erial port and it won't boot to the install screen.  4.9-R floppies with ou=
tput redirected to serial port works and installs properly.  This is what I=
 get on my serial console when I try to boot on 5.1-C (similar to 5.1-R)  s=
eems to hang after the vga0 shows up during boot.
>=20
> Is there anything I can do or provide to resolve my install problem?

Don't you have to tell the kernel to use an alternate system console?

Kris

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--