Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 00:26:24 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bruce Hunter <bhunter@solisix.com>
Subject:   Re: Boot GUI / Boot data and process / Fragmentation

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 12:03 am, Bruce Hunter wrote:
> This is off topic, I was wondering if there is a pretty little gui
> that will run when booting. Kinda like windows, lindows, and even
> Redhat Fedora has one; which can be switched back and forth.
> Basically, so I don't have to see the text scrolling down and just
> see a loader with %. Maybe in the ports collection? If not I might
> have write one. :oP

Windows only hides the boot. Press the <esc> key and it kills the splash
screen.

Why does it matter. I start a boot and go get a cup of coffee, it is
always finished when I get back. It is only a problem if you make it
into one :).

> Oh, and thanks for your comments/answers. One last question thought?
> How do I get rid of that fragmentation crap? Just for shits and
> giggles.. ;o)

There isn't one. Unix fixes fragmented files without your help. The only
thing you need to know is "fsck -y" from single user mode to fix a bad
shutdown.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart