Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:44:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about pipes and ugen

In message: <41B0DD18.9080300@elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: >In message: <41B0C118.8070001@elischer.org>
: >            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: >: I didn't say stack.. I said libusb (excepty I spelled it usblib)
: >
: >OK.  I got confused...
: >
: >: it recovers on several machines where FreeBSD looses communications with
: >: the target after an error.
: >
: >Hmmmm.  Actually, FreeBSD does do the ClearFeature(Halt) on opening of
: >pipes by the driver (which ugen does each time the pipe subdevice is
: >opened).  ClearFeature(Stall) was unfortunately typed from memory
: >rather than looking at the standard (section 9.4.5).  What were you
: >thinking about changing in this area?
: >
:
: BTW it does the halt too late.. by that time it has already tried to do
: other opertations that
: have probably timed out (at least on the stupid device I have) so it's
: aborted before it ever gets
: to the ClearFeature(Halt).

It does this as soon as the driver opens the pipe.  Nothing can have
happened on the pipe before that.  I don't understand what you are
saying here.  It might also do it other times, but it definitely does
it on open...

Warner