Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:20:07 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cvsup Source

--WfZ7S8PLGjBY9Voh

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:50:28PM -0600, Cody Holland wrote:
> I've been using cvsup to upgrade the ports on my Freebsd box, and it
> works great.  My question is how often should you cvsup the src and do a
> buildworld?

Subscribe to FreeBSD-security-notifications, and you will receive mail
when a fix is applied.  Other than that, it doesn't hurt to run cvsup
over your src tree once a week.  There's only need to do a buildworld if
any files are updated.  It's a strategy that works well for me, anyway.
YMMV, as they say.

HTH

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \