Date:      Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:53:20 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 site local EUI-64 adresses and jails

--nextPart14788579.96RIx7jExv

Hi all,

I'm quiet new to IPv6 so I'd like to ask some questions:

So far I know how to generate s site-local address on basis of the MAC=20
address of the interface. That's what FreeBSD does itself for INET6=20
enabled kernels.
Now in the 24-16-24 scheme of th interface id part of the IPv6 address, the=
=20
16 bits were inserted with the value FFFE. And bit 57 was changed to one!=20
Why???? What if it is alread one? Or isn't tehre any vendor who can have=20
bit 41 of his MAC 1?
Now I want to use a dedicated interface, which is in a different subnet,=20
for 5 jails. How do I do that if I want to keep the MAC relation and if=20
I'm not allewd to change the FFFE insert? It isn't possible then, is it?
What should I do instead? Invent my own 64-bit scheme?

I hope you understand my questions, thanks a lot in advance,

=2DHarr