Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:37:14 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Generic Kernel API

--nextPart1669947.6B3dHo9iMj

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 15:23, Charles Swiger wrote:

> Of course, it's easier to say such things then to write the code, but
> Apple has achieved pretty good results from the IOKit.=20

I'm really out of my depth here, but the one thing Apple seems to have=20
accomplished with IOKit is abysmal performance.  When it no longer takes me=
=20
four times longer to backup an iMac than a much slower FreeBSD machine with=
=20
an older drive, I'll be more impressed with their technology.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser