Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:35:04 +0200 (EET)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        Vaida Bogdan <vaida.bogdan@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: fujitsu siemens no sound driver in sndstat

Hello!

> Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:39:25 +0200
> From:      Vaida Bogdan <vaida.bogdan@gmail.com>
>
> I just bought a Notebook Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2040 Centrino 1.6GHz,
> Linux
> ( http://www.emag.ro/notebook/fujitsu...pAPED2040-9C3ZA ) and I can't
> find a compatible sound card driver.

  Same problem as with mine ASUS M5A: hardware vendor implemented only
new-style Intel High Definition Audio:

none2@pci0:27:0:        class=0x040300 card=0x201717c0 chip=0x26688086
                                 rev=0x04 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
     device   = '82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High DefiNition Audio Controller'
     class    = multimedia

and disabled old-style AC97 audio engine within chipset. FreeBSD sound
driver doesn't support Intel HDA yet. You can try NetBSD 3.0 RC6 (or
wait for 3.0 release), it claims Intel HDA support (see azalia(4)). I
wonder whether it would be easier to port HDA support from NetBSD than
create it from scratch...

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator