Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:14:27 +0000
From:      Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
To:        Alexander <shulik_freebsd@matrixhome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as Server

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 03:50:00PM +0200, Alexander wrote:
> Now I try to configure ng_nat. I use example from man ng_nat. Clients
> machine can ping inet hosts, but nothing loaded by http or ftp or other
> tcp protocol. On server packet NATed by not real ip. On other server
> under Linux this packet again NATed by real ip. What can I do with this?

Probably easier to use one of the other firewalling techniques to do NAT
rather than manually configure ng_nat.

Your other options are:
- ipfw + natd (old and venerable)
- ipf
- pf

My personal favourite is pf (which came from OpenBSD). Configuring NAT is
just one line in /etc/pf.conf.

Regards,

Brian.