Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:51:57 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christopher Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
Subject:   Re: Notebook recommendations

On Thursday 27 July 2006 10:50, Christopher Hilton wrote:
> Well, my notebook was stolen last night so after 3 years with my
> Gateway it's time get something new. I'm looking for recommendations.
> The features I'm looking for are:
>

>       XGA graphics at a minimum of 1280 pixels horizontal and 960
> pixels vertical. 1400x1050 is perfect
>
>       Pentium M processor for battery life 1.6 GHz ~ 2.0 GHz
>
>      Ability to do 3D Video acceleration would be a plus but isn't
> strictly necessary. XDAMAGE would be a double      plus.
>
>       A real serial port is a plus as I occasionally have to boot the
> odd sun workstation.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

I recently got an HP nc6220 at work.  It has 1400x1050 with i915 (which has
DRM support) though you'll need 915resolution from ports to get 1400x1050
working.  It is a centrino box, and the wireless button turns the iwi radio
on and off which is nice.  It also has a real DB9 serial port on the right
side near the back.

--
John Baldwin