Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:17:08 +0200
From:      Matteo Riondato <matteo@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   About loader(8) forth

Hi folks,
	I'm trying to understand how the loader forth works to see if it's
possible to develop something similar to knoppix boot menu and use it
for FreeSBIE.
Just to have a try, I replaced /boot/beastie.4th with file a
containing only:

." Welcome to FreeSBIE"
exit

then I deleted the line mentioning beastie-start from /boot/loader.rc
and rebooted my machine.

I wanted the machine to print "Welcome to FreeSBIE" and then escape to
loader prompt.

Saying it didn't work is probably not enough. I got an error message
saying "Compile failed" followed by some codes I didn't had the time
to copy because my machine auto-rebooted.

I must admit I'm a forth newbie. What so important id I miss?
Any hint that will make me proceed in the correct direction will be much
appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Best regards
--