Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 09:23:05 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Applying NAT-T patch

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:19:15AM +0000, swaggy@comcast.net wrote:

Hi.

> According to the following thread, one must do more then just apply the NAT-T
> patch and rebuild the kernel:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-September/011855.html
>
> What other steps are necessary to apply the patch to a 6.x system? Can I get
> away without re-building/re-installing world?

rebuilding/reinstalling  world may be very interesting as some system
programs uses some structs which size are changed by the patch.
But you can skip this part if you are *absolutely* sure to NEVER use
such programs (system's setkey and a few other ones I don't remember).

reinstalling /usr/include headers is necessary to export the correct
versions of some headers (net/pfkeyv2.h, some stuff in udp headers,
etc...).

rebuilding ipsec-tools port is necessary when your headers have been
exported, to let the port's configure detect that your system now have
NAT-T support.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ