Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:03:31 +0800
From:      Ariff Abdullah <ariff@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Peter Johnson" <johnson.peter@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HDA STAC9205

--Signature=_Mon__6_Aug_2007_16_03_31_+0800_r/rsSVbHEOAuLkFx

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 23:16:41 -0700
"Peter Johnson" <johnson.peter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to help get support added for the STAC9205 series of HDA
> codec, as I have a new laptop (Dell Vostro 1500) with that codec and
> there's a quirk that needs fixing, but I'm getting lost in the hda
> source code.  The quirk: the headphone output works (along with
> volume control), but there is no output from the speakers either
> with or without the headphones plugged in.  (I've not tried the
> input side of things.)
>=20

Try various gpio settings through hint.pcm.%d.config. See the manpage
for details.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........