Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:47:47 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Mike Bowie <mbowie@buzmo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.3.0

G'day Mike,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 11:11:54AM -0700, Mike Bowie wrote:
> First up, thanks to Ken and Dan for getting this port started... nice
> work chaps!
>
> I've been playing with Ken's eclipse-europa-dan port for the last couple
> of days and haven't had a lot of joy so far... it might just be my
> environments, but here are the notes from the two hosts I've tested with:
>
> - Ant seems to be unable 'exec' under jdk1.6.0... a separate issue, but
> certainly the one I've burnt most of my time on!

Try updating to the latest jdk16 port.  It has fixes for problems with
exec() which may provide some joy here.

> - After installing diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_6 from ports, I'm getting ~ 70
> errors in the build. This is where I'm at now, sifting through and
> seeing what's failing where.

I've seen mentioned elsewhere that Eclipse 3.3.0 requires JDK 1.6.  If that
is the case then you're not going to get anywhere with the Diablo JDK since
its based on JDK 1.5.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org