Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:13:54 +0000
From:      "Frank Shute" <frank@esperance-linux.co.uk>
To:        Christian Walther <cptsalek@gmail.com>
Cc:        Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LaTeX oder teTeX

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 10:46:18AM +0000, Christian Walther wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> thanks Predag and Roland for your replies.
>
> I'll stick with teTeX for the beginning, it looks like a promising
> start.

I think you're wise to. I use teTeX and it's got most things. I've
only ever had to get something from CTAN once: a fax package.

> When I need additional macro packages (one for creating nice
> presentations would be nice indeed) I'll check with ctan.

Check out beamer once you've installed teTeX:

/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/beameruserguide.pdf

There are also some examples installed:

/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/examples/

> Maybe I'll even give TeXlive a shot, but I got used to the ports system
> and feel that it is rather time consuming to maintain software that has
> been installed manually.

TeXlive will eventually be ported but for the moment you're better off
with teTeX in ports, it works fine.

BTW, the best place to get your LaTeX/TeX questions answered is
comp.text.tex on Usenet.

--

 Frank

 Contact info: http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/misc/contact.html