Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:49:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christopher Arnold <chris@arnold.se>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Correct way to enable ipv6 and sixxs-aiccu?

Hi all!

While brushing up my ipv6 knowledge i ran into an issue with sixxs-aiccu
and configuring ipv6 in rc.conf:

I have manually configured my gateway to route ipv6 to my internal
network, and this works without problems.
But as soon as i have ipv6_gateway_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf rtadvd
doesn't set an ipv6 address on my vr0 interface. (Btw. the only interface
i have on the machine.)

After digging around a bit i noticed that /etc/rc.d/network_ipv6 sets
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=0 and if i manually set
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1 and then restart rtadvd things work and i get
an address on my interface.

Since i guess dissabling accept_rtadv is done for a reason i wonder what
is the correct way to setup ipv6 in /etc/rc.conf is?

 	/Chris

--
http://www.arnold.se/