Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2008 02:48:59 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
Subject:   Re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

On Thursday 05 June 2008 02:26:29 Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Scott Long wrote:
> > Jo Rhett wrote:
> >>
> >> gmirror failures, 3ware raid driver timeouts, bge0 problems.  All
> >> three in production use on dozens of systems.
> >
> > Give me specific details on the 3ware and bge problems.
>
> Familiar with searching the open bug reports?  That's where I found
> them.
>
> Sorry, I'm knee-deep in a major project that I've been working 16+
> hours a day on right now, and I just don't have the time for spurious
> queries.  Query the open bug reports for 6.3 and then explain to me
> again why 6.2 is no longer supported.

Because the people who support FreeBSD 6.2 are also knee-deep in major
projects of their own!?  We try try to not introduce regressions as we
move forward supporting new features and hardware, but unless people put
in some effort of their own helping us to test ...

You obviously did not put in any effort of your own so why would you
expect us to do the work for you?  Unless you can provide "*EXACT*" bug
reports and show willingness to help debugging them, there really is not
much point in this thread.