Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:44:46 +0400
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        Chris Petrik <c.petrik.sosa@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   call for testing: print/hplip update, pass 2

* Juergen Lock (nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de) wrote:

> I got a new printer today (the old one's scanner died... ): and now hplip
> has usb issues with that one:
>
>  hp-systray reports on startup: (and also on refresh)

Thanks for testing, Jurgen! I've merged your changes into the port
and polished it a bit, so now it builds on all FreeBSD versions and
without plist problems.

Unfortunately I'm unable to test this and I have very shallow vision
of functionality and regressions of this update.

First of all, here's latest version of the port:
http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/hplip.shar
Please use it as a base for further changes (and also please check
that I haven't missed any of your enchantments).

As I understood, the update has regressions compared to the hplip
version which is currently in ports, thus it's not possible to just
update it. Can you (both Jurgen and Chris) give me a brief summary of
how the update is better and worse than the current version? If it has
enough working/new features, it would be nice to commit this change as
hplip-devel. And, in either case, how hard is it (if possible) to
fix the regressions?

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru