Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:55:45 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webcamd and Pixart Imaging

--nextPart12341423.qhEKhQ5mTD

--Boundary-01=_xjffMqb6Nhv21rM

On Tuesday 31 August 2010 09:29:29 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 August 2010 08:12:00 David Naylor wrote:
> > webcamd did report some errors:
> > gspca: frame overflow 28838 > 28672
>=20
> You can try to find this error code in the ulinux/v4l-dvb/ folder or its
> subfolders. grep -r "frame overflow" v4l-dvb/
>=20
> And see if you can figure out if it's simply a matter of increasing some
> buffer sizes.
>=20
> --HPS

I managed to eliminate all frame overflow errors.  I multiplied frsz by 8 i=
n=20
frame_alloc (v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca.c).  webcamd was=
=20
reporting many `gspca: found int in endpoint: 0x83, buffer_len=3D2, interva=
l=3D50'. =20

Attached is the script (someone may find useful) that I used to check if an=
y=20
settings will work with the webcam. =20

The webcam still does not work.  Again vga was set to a lower resolution th=
an=20
what it should be and sqcif was at a higher resolution that what it should =
be. =20

Will it matter if my kernel is a bit old (about 3 months)?  Are there any=20
(small) live linux distros that have good webcam support (so that I can che=
ck=20
if the cam works at all with gspca)?

David