Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:28:50 -0700
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   bwn + BETA3/ppc = very unstable

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

Hi,

I'm running 9.0-BETA3 on iBook G4 and have problems with bwn(4).

I use it along with firmware from net/bwn-firmware-kmod.

It scans and connects fine, but after a couple of minutes it starts
loosing packets hard. Sometimes it makes system crash like that:

http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/IMG_20111002_160035.jpg

As you can see on that pic only 4 packets passed of 58. At the same
time, I can see broadcast traffic when tcpdumping on wlan0.

I've also tried bwi(4), but the result is the same with the exception
that it panics more often.

I am connected to the same access point on the another laptop, so it's
not an access point issue. It doesn't look like a hardware issue because
wireless works fine on OS X. I don't know if that's a regression as I've
just installed BETA3 on it.

Roman Bogorodskiy

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--