Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:57:19 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw: fetch doesn't reach ftp://fttp.sites.foo

--Sig_/9jGvmqF1JG8fU6+yl.B63Wf

Recently I swaitched from pf to ipfw on some CURRENT boxes and for convenie=
nce I used the
"workstation" predefinition of FreeBSD. But with that change, all access of=
 ports via
fetch located at ftp-sites stopped passing the filter.

Even switching to "open" doesn't help and this is confusing me.

The CURRENT box in question is passing its traffic within a LAN through a g=
ateway running
also FreeBSD CURRENT, but with pf. The gateway is performing NAT. As long a=
s the failing
client behind the gateway system is using pf as the filter, the traffic for=
 ftp seems to
pass through. On the gateway with pf as the default filter, the ports fetch=
ing via
ftp-site their sources perform without problems.

What is up with IPFW?

Is their a solution? I tried to search google for "freebsd ipfw ftp" but I =
didn't find
anything suitable targeting my problem or any problem of that kind.

Thanks in adavance,

Oliver=20