Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2014 17:34:26 -0500
From:      Kevin Monceaux <Kevin@RawFedDogs.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PVR-250 with FreeBSD 10.0?

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 08:39:17AM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  I was able to build and install the port successfully.
> But, when issuing a "kldload cxm" it loads the module, but I get:
>
> device_attach: cxm0 attach returned 6

I probably should have posted all the messages produced when loading the cxm
module in case they give any clues:

cxm0: <Conexant iTVC15 MPEG Coder> mem 0xf0000000-0xf3ffffff irq 18 at device 2.0 on pci4
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
cxm0: Temic 4036 FY5 tuner
cxm0: SAA7115 rev 1 video decoder
cxm0: MSP4448G-A2 audio decoder
cxm0: could not initialize IR remote
iicbus0: detached
iicbb0: detached
cxm_iic0: detached
device_attach: cxm0 attach returned 6

It looks like it's at least recognizing the card and tuner.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.