Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:58:01 -0400
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   DES?

Can someone explain what this will impact in normal use? Does this mean that
passwords will default to DES? I've dug around a little and I'm not seeing
where a default is set for passwords - my desktop right now is using sha512,
but if I had to guess I'd say it's because it was the crypt(3) default.

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.cvs/516280

Save me from guessing! :) What is the scope and impact of this change?

Thanks.

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.