Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:54:04 +0600
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openldap-client and openldap-sasl-client

Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> If a port wants to install openldap-client as a dependency, and I have
> already openldap-sasl-client installed, what is going to happen? A
> conflict?
>
> # pkg install -n moodle29

Just as I expected (see below). What should I do about it? I don't
want to lose SASL-enabled openldap, and I don't know of any option to
tell moodle29 to use the existing openldap-sasl instead of installing
the dependency without SASL support.

Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Conflicts with the existing packages have been found.
One more solver iteration is needed to resolve them.
The following 8 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        openldap-sasl-server-2.4.34
        openldap-sasl-client-2.4.42_2

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        openldap-client: 2.4.42_2
        icu: 55.1
        pecl-zendopcache: 7.0.5
        php5-ldap: 5.4.45
        pecl-intl: 3.0.0_2
        moodle29: 2.9.2

The process will require 197 MiB more space.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: