Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2018 05:50:36 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LUA boot loader coming very soon

--IchZQccUbQrk8obU

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 08:27:27AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> So please give it a spin and give me any feedback, documentation updates
> and/or bug fixes. I'm especially interested in reviews from people that
> have embedded Lua in other projects or experts in Lua that can improve the
> robustness of the menu code.

I was able to build, install, and (start to -- not loader's fault)
boot my laptop; I have placed screenshots at
<http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/head/loader/>.

Some notes:
* For loader_1_lua.jpg, I had (reflexively) already hit "v" to boot
  verbosely, so "Verbose    :On" does NOT reflect the default.  On the
  other hand, "ACPI       :off" DOES reflect the default, which is
  opposite from the Forth loader (ref. loader_1_4th.jpg); I suspect that
  this warrants changing.

* The lower left corner of the box seems to have an odd artifact for the
  Lua loader.  I haven't looked, but suspect it will be easy to fix.

Peace,
david
--=20
The circus around that memo helps confirm that Mr. Trump is unfit for offic=
e.

--IchZQccUbQrk8obU

--IchZQccUbQrk8obU--