Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2023 19:31:21 -0700
From:      brian whalen <brian@sonicboom.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: user problems when upgrading to v15

--------------28exJugWHCoepP691UFuf9vW

Understood. I guess I was expecting the update process of etcupdate -p
&& make installworld && etcupdate -B to not whack existing users or
delete an existing root user's password. I accepted the remote and then
recreated users and reset passwords and am retrying this.

BW

On 8/30/2023 7:21 PM, Graham Perrin wrote:
> On 31/08/2023 03:00, brian whalen wrote:
>> … I ran etcupdate resolve accepting the remote option and saw 2 issues.
>>
>> The root user's password was deleted.
>>
>> The non root user no longer existed.
> Logically, remote does not include things such as your root user's
> password.
--------------28exJugWHCoepP691UFuf9vW

  <head>
  </head>
      etcupdate -p &amp;&amp; make installworld &amp;&amp; etcupdate -B
      to not whack existing users or delete an existing root user's
      password. I accepted the remote and then recreated users and reset
      passwords and am retrying this. <br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:46ee9e3b-adeb-4cd1-5fcc-43547c5c7231@gmail.com">
        wrote:<br>
        cite="mid:e96bef2d-5b16-f97d-4da2-6e78a3e8f0d7@sonicboom.org"> …
        I ran etcupdate resolve accepting the remote option and saw 2
        issues. <br>
        The root user's password was deleted. <br>
        The non root user no longer existed. <br>
      Logically, remote does not include things such as your root user's
      password. <br>
      <lt-container></lt-container>

--------------28exJugWHCoepP691UFuf9vW--