Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:01:22 -0000
From:      "phanatix" <phanatix@netcabo.pt>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Conceptronic C54  Wireless PCMCIA Cardbus support?

Hi people, i need help here, i have a Toshiba laptop (Model 1410 =
Celeron1.8 - 256mbram - gf4mx) and i'm running 5.2.1 RC2. I have also a =
wireless pcmcia card "Conceptronic C54 Cardbus32 bit" and i think that =
it is based on the Intersil PRISM2 chip (am i right? i couldn't find =
further info about it)

The question is, is this card supported ? I heard FreeBSD 5.2 supports =
the latest 802.11g wireless adapters..=20

When i boot FreeBSD i get:

"cardbus0: <network,ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)"
"cbb0: Cardbus card activation failed"

You see, I get the same message when i remove and insert the pcmcia card =
while i "tail -f /var/log/messages"=20

*cbb is kernel compiled and ACPI is on*

I wish i could somehow "attach" that missing driver, manually (?) i =
don't know..erm ..i really need wireless to access my Unniversity =
network, and that's what's keeping me away from running BSD full time =
with my Toshiba, i keep using WinXP to access Internet. So, should I buy =
a new one, or what ?=20

Thanks in advance!

=20