Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:00:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek CDROM has a new look!

> that Walnut Creek is running Linux and I can easily see "wild crazed
> linux fanatics" claiming that walnut creek main ftp and web server
> is running linux.

They'd have a hard time convincing any but the blind.. :-)

jkh@time-> ncftp ftp.cdrom.com
Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Welcome to wcarchive - home ftp site for Walnut Creek CDROM.
There are currently 857 users out of 1200 possible.

Most of the files in this area are also available on CDROM.  You can send
email to (or finger) info@cdrom.com for more information or to order.  For
tech support about our products, please email support@cdrom.com.  You may
also call our toll-free number: 1-800-786-9907 or +1-510-674-0783.  Orders
are taken 24 hours.

* * * Help Wanted -- see the file ``jobs'' in the root directory. * * *

This machine is a 150Mhz P6 with 512MB of memory & 72GB of disk online.
The operating system is FreeBSD. Should you wish to get your own copy of
FreeBSD, see the pub/FreeBSD directory, visit http://www.freebsd.org or
mail to info@FreeBSD.org for more information.  FreeBSD on CDROM can be
ordered using the WEB at http://www.cdrom.com/titles/freebsd.html or by
sending email to orders@cdrom.com.

Wcarchive now has a 100Mbps connection (via multiple T3s) to the Internet!

Please send mail to ftp-bugs@ftp.cdrom.com if you experience any problems!

Please read the file README
 it was last modified on Mon Mar 25 20:51:20 1996 - 201 days ago
Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Logged into wcarchive.cdrom.com.

> "Get FreeBSD right here. The OS which allows 1001 connections to this WebSite

1200! :-)

						Jordan